DjangoBooks.com

Replacing the tailpiece

Hello!

I am wondering if anyone had experience with changing the tailpiece alone. As far as I have noticed there are only a couple of bolts holding the tailpiece. My biggest fear is that when I am gonna replace it the bolts are gonna become loose. I am probably gonna go to a guitar tech to let him do the work but anyway some information cant hurt!

Greetings

Comments

• JehuJehu New Zealand✭✭✭
    I'm all for supporting your local guitar tech, but they're just screws, my man. If you end up with a loose screw, just add a small piece of wood (e.g., flat toothpick) to the hole.
    thorjensenwimNejc
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Are you swapping like for like tailpieces - if not you might find the screwholes don't line up. If they don't then I'd recommend filling the old holes with toothpicks and glue so you're giving the new screw holes a bit of support.
    Nejc
    always learning
  • NejcNejc Slovenia✭✭ Altamira M01
    Are you swapping like for like tailpieces - if not you might find the screwholes don't line up. If they don't then I'd recommend filling the old holes with toothpicks and glue so you're giving the new screw holes a bit of support.

The screwholes line up, I checked that. I was just afraid that something would go wrong since I have never done this before. Anyway thank you for your comment!

• BonesBones Moderator
    Remember that they are just threading into wood so just tighten them up snug. Don't strip out the wood.
  • Mine has been out several times...the key is to not over tighten going in
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • NejcNejc Slovenia✭✭ Altamira M01
    Bones wrote: »
    Remember that they are just threading into wood so just tighten them up snug. Don't strip out the wood.
    Jazzaferri wrote: »
    Mine has been out several times...the key is to not over tighten going in

Have done it by myself and it worked out great! Thank you for all the info and sorry for the late response!