DjangoBooks.com

Meet michael Collins at DFSW

Good morning fellow GJ pickers ....

Michale Collins will be giving a workshop at DFSW May 13th. This is the second year that we have been fortunate to have him come out to the southwest for Django fest. (of course if I lived up in Canada, I'd want to get to the SW in the spring too)

This is a $25. workshop at which time you can even get custom measurements made for one of his bridges. I have a Saga 250 and after michael cut me a bridge last year it developed a richer and louder tone.. not a mind-blowing change, more subtle but definitely worth the price.

If you have some time time off and can make the trip you will not regret it. Shep and Ameranouche, The Red Rock hot Club from Salt Lake City, The Cottonwood Club from Colorado and the house band, Poor Django's Almanac will entertain you for free and there are several seminars to attend ... All to benefit the local Benson Sr. Center's Meals-on-wheels program
Take a peek:
www.dfsw.net

Thanks and keep on pluckin'
milz y debs y marlin
Rancho LocaRosa
"I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way"
my granny 'Meme' Foster circa 1998 at age 102
Django Jerry Jam - home grown GJ & Dead Ahead pickin'
http://www.DjangoJerryJam.com

Comments

• Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    When you talk to him ask him when his book is going to come out.

Cheers,
    Josh
  • ViejoVatoViejoVato New
    Josh ...
    I will most certainly pose the question... He and his wife Natalie and son Nathan will be staying out at the ranch.

C'mon Josh ... load up the van and drive down to win the 'Frisco Phil' award this year ... you won't regret it ...

Cheers,
    milz
  • Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    Wish I could! I have a brand new baby at home along with my my two other daughters! I can't even think about going any place far for the next 12 years! :shock:

Josh
  • ViejoVatoViejoVato New
    josh ...
    we just put up 4 of the demo songs that PJA sent into the Tucson Folk Fest. We got invited to do a set on Sat the 6th of May @ 5PM ... So even though you can't make it you can download some of what we'll play...
    Some of these cuts are a bit rough ... but enjoy ....

I play the first solo on 'minor swing' and 'can't give you anything but love' and the delightful mz debs sings on that cut as well ...

www.dfsw.net/pja.htm

cheers,
    milz y debs
    Rancho LocaRosa