DjangoBooks.com

Newbie to DjangoFest NW?

mcgroup53mcgroup53 Bloomington, IN USA✭✭✭✭ 1951 Ep Broadway
in North America Posts: 74
Sorry, Djangophiles, I know this has probably been talked to death. But I am making some last-minute plans to attend DNW and wondered what the logistics are like? Can you get to Whidbey from SEATAC without renting a car? Where do people stay, in town, on the island? On the island, how do you get from venue to venue? Any experience or education would be most helpful!

David McCarty

Comments

• HemertHemert Prodigy
    edited August 2015 Posts: 264
    1. You can take a shuttle from Seatac to Naomi's Valero (first stop after the ferry) and from there you can either book a taxi or get a 10 minute ride to Langley if you happen to know someone on the island (?!).

You should book the shuttle beforehand:
    https://www.seatacshuttle.com/

2. Staying in Langley can be costly if you're going the hotel route. Your best bet is Air BNB or camping

3. Getting around the island is easy. Everything is basically within in walking distance (longest walk about 15 minutes). I rented a bike to get around (but the bike renting place is a pain to get to) or sometimes you can catch rides.