DjangoBooks.com

Dupont MDC60 for sale at DFNW

BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
edited September 2015 in Classifieds Posts: 1,379
Hi,
I'll be at this year's Djangofest NW and might bring my beautiful 2007 Dupont MDC60 with the intention of selling it.
I can't afford to have two high end guitars and with the current exchange rate of the US Dollar against the Mexican peso it seems like a good time to sell it.
I bought it new from Jacques Mazzoleni at gypsyguitars.com
I'm reluctant to part with it but could really use the extra cash right now. I'll only bring it if there's someone seriously interested in buying it and I will consider serious offers. A new one would be $3750

The guitar is in great shape. No cracks and just a few dings here and there, mostly along the binding (see pics). Frets are in good condition. The only mod is a piece of real suede under the tailpiece and the bridge was sanded for lower action.
Tonally it's one of the best Duponts I've ever played and last time at Djangofest even Bob Holo was amazed at how every note is even along the entire fretboard.
Very dry and traditional sounding. Very loud. Easy to play, it's set up with very low action right now. No buzzes.
It has an awesome bark and chord shots sound like thunder out of this box. Good for lead and rhythm.

I will record sound samples and provide more pictures upon request.
The original post from Jacques: http://gypsyguitars.com/inventory/instruments/283

Specs:
Brand Dupont
Year 2007
Model Number MDC60
Sound Hole D Hole
Fret Neck 14 Fret
Size 15 3/4"
Scale Length 670mm
Nut Width 1 3/4"
Body Depth 3 7/8"
Top European Spruce
Back and Sides Santos Rosewood (Laminate)
Neck Walnut
Fingerboard Ebony
Binding Ebony
Finish Satin
Tailpiece DM Gold
Tuners Schaller Gold
Case Dupont (TKL) Faux Leather
Truss Rod Yes

Comments

• StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore
    DONT DO IT ENRIQUE!!! You need two great Duponts so that if one is being refretted (or is otherwise out of commission) you have another to play. If I ever talk about selling one of mine, I hope you will remind me about this post! :-)

Remember, guitars will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no guitars (with apologies to the fabulous, furry, freak brothers)

Cheers,

Marc
    BluesBop HarrypickitjohnBucoBarkonator
    "When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass