DjangoBooks.com

Bireli Lagrene coming to Markham Ontario!

Keith MurchKeith Murch Ontario Canada and Naples Florida✭✭ Dupont MD50 and several archtops

Comments

He's performing tonight and tomorrow night at DjangoFestNW, and giving a workshop tomorrow at noon. Am looking forward to these.
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    I'm going!
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • Keith MurchKeith Murch Ontario Canada and Naples Florida✭✭ Dupont MD50 and several archtops
  • Keith MurchKeith Murch Ontario Canada and Naples Florida✭✭ Dupont MD50 and several archtops
    edited October 2015 Posts: 50
    Well, I got to see Biréli two nights in a row! The night before the Markham concert, he gave a free master class in Toronto. It was an "interactive" event at a lovely, small theatre, where Biréli and his band played, talked about music and answered questions. Followed by a reception where we all had wine and more time to talk to Biréli and the band. An amazing night and all free, courtesy of Alliance-Francaise.ca. The next night, we had front row seats at the big theatre for the concert. He was fantastic and so were all of his band members, including our own Canadian guitarist, Dennis Chang. I also want to say what a wonderful, warm and friendly person Biréli is. He spent lots of time with all of us, posing for pictures and talking guitar. What a week! Thank you Alliance-Francaise.
    Bucoalton
  • Lucky Dog....Denis....I wish you would move to Victoria
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed