DjangoBooks.com

Meet Me In Samois film

bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
in History Posts: 513
Just ran across this, and hadn't seen a post on the forum. Great little film.

Buco

Comments

• SpaloSpalo England✭✭✭✭ Manouche Guitars "Modele Jazz Moreno" No.116, 1980's Saga Blueridge "Macaferri 500", Maton 1960's Semi, Fender Telecaster, Aria FA65 Archtop
    Agreed. A great film.

Sp
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    wow, that was well done.
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    Great to see Titi Bamberger, Daniel Weltling, Lollo Meier, Daisy Castro. Who am I missing?
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know the name of the song Titi Bamberger sings in front of the campfire?
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Great, thanks for posting it!
  • BonesBones Moderator
    When was that film made? Is Samois really getting far away from the more traditional GJ?
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    It was Samois 2013 if I recall correctly
  • Thoroughly enjoyed watching it.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • bohemewarblerbohemewarbler St. Louis, MO✭✭✭✭ Jordan Wencek No.26, Altamira M01D-12 fret
    I was at Samois this year for the full five day event. There is GJ being played everywhere: on the island, in the village, and at the two campgrounds that bookend Samois sur Seine. However, the main stage offers up a variety of musical talent and genres, including GJ, and serves the purpose of bringing in a lot more people if it were strictly a gypsy jazz event. My wife preferred the main stage, I preferred every place else. There's a small stage at the opposite end of the event area where you can see some top traditional GJ players perform. My favorite was the Thomas Baggerman Trio with Eva Scholten. When you first enter the island, you begin a musical odyssey of GJ from all directions, coming from players performing on the bank of the Seine, at luthiers' tents, at the picnic tables and chairs, and finally at the small stage at the back end. You can't possibly miss it.
    bopster wrote: »
    Great to see Titi Bamberger, Daniel Weltling, Lollo Meier, Daisy Castro. Who am I missing?
    Spotted Rino in there too.
    Titi is a well spoken man, I enjoyed listening to him.
    Lolo is a bit down on a direction the festival is partially taking.
    Thanks for heads up @bopster

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel