DjangoBooks.com

FS: Near-mint Henriksen Jazzamp convertible head with 110 “Extended Range” cabinet

I recently received this head and cabinet in a trade plus cash deal. Quite honestly, I was blown away by this amp. I did not expect to like it as much as I do. Compared to my AER Compact 60, it sounds every bit as good with my acoustic guitars (perhaps even a tad better – it is fuller sounding), and quite a bit better with electric guitars and archtops. I haven't tried it with gypsy jazz guitars, but it has very natural reproduction qualities, so I imagine it would excel with them as well. This really is an amazing and versatile amp! I have been very tempted to keep it and sell the AER, however, I don’t play through an amp much, and when I do it’s only with acoustic flat tops and I have to take the amp with me. The Henriksen is certainly small, light, and portable, but the AER is even more so, and I’m willing to give up a bit of sound quality for ease of travel.

That being said, this wonderful amp will make someone very happy. It features Henriksen’s unique EQ system that offers a lot of control over tone. It also features a very usable and lush sounding reverb, which can be completely switched off and removed from the circuit. The 110 cabinet is the “Extended Range” version – meaning it includes a tweeter for accurate reproduction of high frequencies. This is the feature that makes it so usable with acoustic flat top guitars. If you don’t need it, just dial it out with the high frequency EQ knobs.
This amp is in near-new condition. I cannot find a single flaw, but I hate to use the word “mint”. It is really a phenomenal amp. I was blown away by the tone I was able to get out of my Strat! An amp that sounds as good with a flat top, Strat, and archtop is truly unique.

The amp comes with a high quality gig bag with separate compartments for the head and cabinet. Included in the front pocket are a shoulder strap, the owner’s manual, the power cord, and a short cord that connects the head and cabinet.

I’m asking $850 plus shipping and PayPal fees, if used. Please PM me with any questions. Thanks for looking!

IMG_6379_zpsyhjygm6e.jpg

IMG_6380_zpscl2whvfg.jpg

IMG_6383_zpsnlixsdt0.jpg

IMG_6384_zps3wjpcvd1.jpg

IMG_6381_zpsvaj8njsf.jpg

IMG_6377_zps6anr9jys.jpg

IMG_6385_zpswn7pz438.jpg

IMG_6382_zpsx9mzrn3s.jpg

IMG_6378_zpswrwjio68.jpg

Comments