DjangoBooks.com

Swing chords and progressions for mandolin Don Stiernberg

pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
in Mandolin Posts: 936
Swing chords and progressions for mandolin Don Stiernberg

https://www.soundslice.com/lessons/jazz-mandolin-chords/

@adrian

:-c

Gotta say Thanks to Adrian and Don for this video Lesson.

I believe that the soundslice interface is the easiest and best learning interface availible. I'm very glad I made this purchase, anyone playing mandolin wanting to step out into swing would benefit from this course.
Don's background of playing with Jethro Burns for years sets the stage for why I was interested in this. Wished I could of gotten to DIJ because he was teaching there. It would be great to learn directly so a critique my playing his being available to ask questions would be perfect.
Have 80 minutes of him showing some chord vocabulary and progressions is the next best thing. I've been playing by ear for 50 years and having him explain the theory side of stuff I've been doing, has been enlightening.

here is a link to the intro...

https://www.soundslice.com/scores/34589/

Thanks again

:)>-

Comments

• Jim GallaherJim Gallaher Staunton, VA 2012 ALD La Brune
    If you'd like to study with Don for a week, join me at the Swannanoa Gathering near Asheville, NC (campus of Warren Wilson College) for Fiddle/Mandolin/Banjo week, July 31-August 6, 2016.

I attended last year and took classes in swing mandolin from Don and Joe Walsh. Mike Marshall and Caterina Lichtenberg were also instructors. Evan Price (violin Hot Club of San Francisco) was my band scramble advisor and guitarist Greg Ruby taught some swing guitar classes the same week.

Don was teaching two swing classes, one for chord construction and arranging, the other for soloing. He is scheduled to return in 2016, along with Mike Marshall, Caterina Lichtenberg, John Reischman, Alan Bibey and Matt Flinner.

At the same time, the violinists will have swing/jazz players Matt Glaser and Alex Hargreaves, among others. Greg Ruby returns for swing guitar.
    pickitjohn
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    @Shenandoah Jim

Thanks for the link, looks great, can't wait to see where that $ comes from.

• pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Well I had a chance to just VIEW all 18 lessons.

Five star plus Swing Mando Lesson!!!

Amazing amount of info, Chord Voicings, Inversions, substitute chords.
    Wish I had this years ago, but so glad to have it now. I know Don played guitar for Jethro if he did this same lesson on guitar I'd buy that one also.

Soundslice is five star plus also

• kevingcoxkevingcox Nova Scotia✭✭✭✭ Dupont MD50
    Looks awesome, I'll add it to my wishlist!