DjangoBooks.com

Strings with purple windings?

Does anyone know what strings are put on the Altamiras from the factory? I recently got a M20 that I really like the setup on as it is right now and I want to use the same string gauges.

Are there more loop-end strings with purple windings other than Argentine .010's?

Thanks!
Nick

Comments

I can't think of any other but Argies. Most 10s will have the same gauge though, they might differ in tick up or down on a low E, 44 or 45.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    I took a quick look at several Altamiras on the Djangobooks site and they all came with Argie 1510 MF (Medium gauge - .011 .015 .023 .029 .037 .046).
  • nick_84nick_84 New
    Thanks for your replies.

I didn't buy it from this site and I guess they are restrung and set-up before they are shipped out from Djangobooks. It seems, by looking at Altamira's site, that all their guitars are originally set up with strings with purple windings, like mine.

So there are no other strings made with purple windings other than Argentine .010's?