DjangoBooks.com

Si Tu Savais

asuraasura Los Angeles Cigano GJ-10, Gitane D500
in Welcome Posts: 39
Hey everyone,

Was having some fun with si tu savais and thought one of the recordings came out alright. Lots of mistakes and my french pronunciation is probably really off!

Was trying to figure out different ways to make it sound interesting using the basic chord progression, but not really sure how haha. Any advice?

Sorry if I butchered the singing and pronunciation.... :-S

Comments

Nice voice you have!

As for your question, in a word; conviction.

But what does that really mean? I'd say timing is number one. Then changing the chord accents based on a place in a song, listening to the melody. Some parts in this song call for a shorter chord stroke, wish I knew the proper terms it'd be easier to explain what I mean, and some for long chords almost arpeggiating the notes and then lots in between.

It's the left hand that plays the notes but it's the right hand that makes the sound and the tone and simple can be great and often is the best choice.

Either way, this was very good and guitar records nice too.
    asura
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • asuraasura Los Angeles Cigano GJ-10, Gitane D500
    edited March 2016 Posts: 39
    Thanks buco!

Ya I gotta keep practicing and build my confidence so I don't flutter on timing for sure!

I tried to accent the B part more staccato-ey but it's kind of hard to tell hahaa
  • IMO the staccato 2 and 4 beats break up the flow of the melody some ....... Try a slower drag on 2 and 4. Play around with the length until you get the feel that flows.
    asura
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed