DjangoBooks.com

GJ in Israel: breaking news from the Middle East!

PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
edited April 2016 in Welcome Posts: 765
Good news from the mid-east that the BBC won't be reporting on any time soon! Just returned from a great 2 week trip to Israel and want to tell you all there's a very nice active GJ scene there with an established annual GJ festival coming up on it's 4th year. Due to my poor timing I just missed their GJ festival this year which featured Martin Taylor, which I heard was a great festival and that he had a great time. Previous years have seen Robin Nolan and Dario Napoli there. I was welcomed at a weekly GJ jam at a brew pub in Tel Aviv. That's right, brew pubs have finally made it over to Israel, where you can get great beer, pitchers & even growlers to go! I jammed until 1:00am with some local top notch players, who I tried to keep up with! I'm sure some of you have already met some great Israeli GJ players at Samois etc... or have taken Yaakov Hoter's workshops or have heard Bar who I believe is now in Europe, but I wanted to give my own plug for their GJ scene which I found to be most welcoming and a lot of fun and a nice break from my beach front retreat! May it long continue! Cheers and Shalom! Phil
BucoBob HoloDaveyc

Comments

• crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Excellent, thanks for sharing. Great to hear that GJ - and breweries - have spread to Israel. Could Hava Nagila replace Dark Eyes as a jam standard.
    always learning
  • woodamandwoodamand Portland, OR✭✭✭ 2015 JWC Favino replica
    Man am I jealous!