DjangoBooks.com

The splendor of Montana meets Gypsy/World Jazz with Gonzalo Bergara

Hello fellow Django enthusiasts!

This summer, the Crown of the Continent Guitar Workshop and Festival is presenting a Gypsy/World Jazz Workshop led by Gonzalo Bergara and Max O'Rourke! Gonzalo brings a unique spin to the Django GJ standards and infuses his music with the sounds of his native homeland of Buenos Aires, as well as classic jazz improvisation. The "fusion" nature of this class will be aligned with the spirit of The Crown Festival, which offers 9 workshops of all genres to 100 participants each year. Set on the shores of the prettiest destination spot of Flathead Lake in Montana, The Crown offers a wide variety of masterclasses, electives, jams, and performances led by the likes of Lee Ritenour, Julian Lage, Gonzalo Bergara, Max O'Rourke, Dweezil Zappa, Jon Herington, and many more!

There are still spots available in the Gypsy/World Jazz class, and the other Workshops are also available if you wish to try something different. Contact me, Amelia Thornton (Workshop Manager) to learn more and register for your place at the 2016 Crown Guitar Workshop. My number is 855-855-5900 ext. 3.

(Personal Note: I experienced Crown for the first time last summer (2015) and it was truly a week that changed my life. I met so many valuable contacts in both the participants and the master Artists. As a fiddler, I got to jump in to a few Gypsy Jams that took place at the Main Lodge and even played onstage with Dweezil Zappa's rock class! Talk about a range of music! This is a remarkable week in the most beautiful rustic 4-star resort setting and I can't wait to be returning to help run it as your Workshop Manager. I hope to see you there!)
-Amelia

Comments

• richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    Hi Amelia, maybe you need some volunteers for the festival? I can't afford to take the workshops but I'll be at my parents house which is right near the lodge. Hoping Gonzalo will play a show while I'm there.

On a side note if anyone is attending that wants to jam a bit let me know.