DjangoBooks.com

FS: 2007 Gitane DG-255 discounted

robertsaundersrobertsaunders Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭ 2007 Gitane DB-255
edited July 2016 in Classifieds Posts: 244
Gitane 2007 DG-255, very good cond, hard case included. Guitar is loud with a crisp attack, low action, normal fret wear—but will need a fret job down the road, good stability. Known personally to my friends on the New England DjangoList, it has attended Django in June and been a faithful partner in my quest to master Django’s music. Serial #6139. Note: The DG-255 is a budget model but this is not a frivolous guitar. It is a durable, worthy instrument for the right player. I played several years of weddings, club gigs, concerts, including some very plum jobs with Sinti Rhythm on it, next to a well known guitarist sporting an MD-50, plus a few other marquee players, and got regular compliments on my tone. $425 or best offer.

Solid spruce top with rosewood back and sides
Body is bound in ebony with maple/walnut/maple purfling on top and back
Bound Mahogany neck with 21-fret ebony fingerboard, pearl position dots
Slotted peghead, bone/nylon nut, zero fret
Dovetail neck/body joint
14-fret neck joint
Scale length 26 5/8"
Nut width 1-3/4"
Body length 18-1/2"
Lower bout 15-3/4"
Upper bout 11-1/2"
Sides 3-2/4"
Oval soundhole with multiple-ply rosette
Moustache bridge, compensated movable center. An ebony shim has been professionally installed.
Covered tuners
Trapeze tailpiece
Made in China.

Specs are to best of my observation and consistent with listings for new DG-255s.

Guitar has no dings or checking, few tiny scratches, one small finish crack. Back top of peghead has a finish repair. Ghost strokes from la pompe are evident on top. Inspected by luthier Mark Herbert of Brookline MA. New set of 1610 (blue pack) ball-end Argentine strings just installed. You can test or pick up here in my studio. Delivery not available unless somebody can pack it for me.

~Rob

Comments

• robertsaundersrobertsaunders Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭ 2007 Gitane DB-255
    Willing to take a generous discount. Make me an offer. Glad to talk by phone if preferred, I will email my number. And if you're in the area stop by and try the guitar out.

~Rob
  • lallylally New
    are you ever in europe?
  • robertsaundersrobertsaunders Brookline, MA✭✭✭✭ 2007 Gitane DB-255
    Not anymore, sorry.