DjangoBooks.com

Finnish airline breaks Olli Soikkeli's prized guitar

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    that sucks!
  • Elí SaúlElí Saúl Toluca, Mexico.New Dell'Arte DG-H2
    i was just reading about this on RFQ's fb page, it's terrible news to have your instrument damaged!
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Effing airlines suck...just my 2 cents.

One reason I don't travel much.
  • One needs to have a v ery strong case that supports the guitar perfectly and loosen the string tension.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • My heart goes out to him. Kinda like losing a friend
  • terrassierterrassier France

Jazzaferri wrote: »
    One needs to have a v ery strong case that supports the guitar perfectly and loosen the string tension.

They must have run over it with the forklift - the AJL cases are pretty solid.
  • NejcNejc Slovenia✭✭ Altamira M01
    Well sadly the no matter how good of a guitar case you buy its still not gonna absorb the impact 100%. With that said, if you destroy a guitar which is in a AJL case it is pure negligence from the side of the airport staff..
  • Have you seen Martin Taylors case. Made for the US army to ship weapons.
    The real jackass is the person who insisted to check it.
    Once it's on the airport conveyor belt system it's a coin toss for it's survival. Guitar cases and those things just aren't compatible with all the tight 90 degree turns, easy for the case to get stuck and be forced out of it by piling luggage. At that point something has to give.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • guitarmikeguitarmike Montreal, Quebec✭✭ Old French Gypsy Guitar
    For that kind of matters we all know that airlines suck.
    Still, for 3 years I advertised a 16 1/2" Calton case in brand new condition
    for half the price of a new one ( indestructible..)
    I never had one single answer.......
    It finally got sold at DIJ.