DjangoBooks.com

Christiaan Van Hemert Guitar Workshop in Denver Colorado | September 16

Hugh HuffakerHugh Huffaker Denver Dupont MD60
edited August 2016 in North America Posts: 48
For all of the Rocky Mtn. gypsy jazz guitar players who missed DIJ this year, we are happy to announce that Christiaan Van Hemert will be giving a workshop on the "Van Hemert System" of gypsy jazz guitar on Friday September 16th at the Denver Music Institute. The workshop will begin at 7 PM and is expected to last 3.5 hours. The cost is $75 and will include a ton of material and pdf’s.

The first part of the workshop will deal with understanding and developing correct, efficient and precise right hand technique.

In the second part, we will explore the “van Hemert system”: a unique gypsy jazz guitar improvisation system that will enable you to reach a high level of guitar playing in a short time. All students will receive numerous detailed PDFs with the system written down to review at home. Open to players of all levels, from beginner to pro!

For tickets and more details, please visit our website at: https://www.gypsyjazzdenver.com/event/christiaan-van-hemert-workshop/

Hope you can make it out!

nomadgtrDaveycSwingHard

Comments

• For you folks out there considering, it's worth listening to Christiaan speak on this and that $75 will give you more than just some PDFs. I feel that my explanation of the system would be a huge disservice to Christiaan and the potential attendees, but it definitely falls in line with Anders Ericsson's studies on peak performance. I will likely be attending the planned session he does in my area.
    Hugh HuffakerSwingHard
  • malakkamalakka ✭✭
    Will he be giving any more workshops here in the states? California?
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    He's going to be at DFNW
  • SwingHardSwingHard Denver Altamira M30D Antique
    Really excited about this opportunity! Thank you for putting this together @Hugh Huffaker
    Hugh Huffaker
  • jacksonjackson Denver New
    I am looking a oval whole 503, 250, 255 style guitar in Denver and some one to take lessons from and maybe some people to play with. Any help would be greatly Appreciate it. Thank you for your time
  • andoatagnandoatagn Northampton, MAProdigy
    Christiaan's classes at DiJ this year were very popular and well received. Highly recommended!
  • nomadgtrnomadgtr Colorado Bumgarner, Marin, Holo, Barault
    Welcome jackson! I believe there is a DG-250 still out there on Craigslist in Denver. I think this may be Luke Smith's guitar but I can't say for sure:
    denver.craigslist.org/msg/5693157816.html

For lessons you might want to reach out to Aaron Walker who frequents this forum. Here's his website:
    coloradogypsyjazz.com/index.html

Lastly, as far a people to jam with you definitely want to hook up with the OP of this thread Hugh. Here's a link to the monthly Denver jam:
    gypsyjazzdenver.com/
    There are a lot of us in CO so you're in a great spot to learn!
    That DG 250 is mine. Jackson, I sent you a private message
  • plexi69plexi69 New
    Anyone in Colorado Springs just getting together to jam for fun? Thanks.
  • Hugh HuffakerHugh Huffaker Denver Dupont MD60
    edited August 2016 Posts: 48
    @plexi69, there are a lot of jams in CO Springs. Talk to @nomadgtr, @tmaccaferrian, @Archtop Eddy. I think the Black Rose Acoustic Society puts some on as well.