DjangoBooks.com

Coincidence, Antoine Boyer & Samuelito

Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
edited December 2016 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 795
Speaking of Antoine Boyer, I received this new CD of his last week. Great playing by Antoine and Samuelito in a guitar duo format. Unique sound, not gypsy jazz but you can hear the influences in Antoine's playing along with his many other influences. Samuelito comes at it from the flamenco side. Flamenco is my second favorite guitar style so for me it's a twofer. They are both such strong players at times it seems like an entire orchestra. Sometimes this kind of thing gets a bit pretentious, but I don't sense that here, it seems more like kids having fun, very accessible, full of youthful energy, the ideas just keep building and bubbling over. Ordered it direct from Antoine off his website. http://www.antoineboyermusic.com/
husy

Comments

• husyhusy Seattle✭✭✭
    +1

What got these guys on my radar as a duo was their cover of Paco de Lucia's Zyryab, which they posted online a while back. It's a unique interpretation, yet still follows the original somewhat closely. The album has that track too, but a lot more very original and creative material.

Craig summarized it nicely - kids having fun while (quite complex) musical ideas build and bubble over.