DjangoBooks.com

Clip on tuner- check this if the look bothers you.

I love the convenience of the clip on tuner but the look of it annoys me. I know D'addario makes one that does something similar as my idea.
But if you have one already and want to convert, it's easy.
Just take off or unscrew the clip part and use a poster putty to stick it on like in the picture. I did it with the Intellitouch PT10 but they're all similar.
The sensitivity is even a little better.
IMG_20170121_125625.jpg
Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
bopstert-bird

Comments

• BonesBones Moderator
    Cool idea, thanks Buco!
  • psychebillypsychebilly Kentucky, USA
    I'm liking a soundhole tuner at the moment...

Buco
    Creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 4,730
    Oooh, I like that even better. I have to check how mine would do stuck to the side, above the sound hole.

@psychebilly what make is your guitar? that's a nice rosette detail.
  • psychebillypsychebilly Kentucky, USA
    Hi Buco...didn't mean to hijack the thread...the soundhole mini-tuner is great...even enough room for the AT clip-on mics...

musiciansfriend.com/accessories/daddario-ns-micro-soundhole-tuner?rNtt=soundhole%20tuner&index=2

Buco wrote:
    what make is your guitar? that's a nice rosette detail.

My GJ guitar is a Selmer-copy, made by a local luthier for me...I'll post some stuff about it when I can get some good pics and clips...

Creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
  • edited January 2017 Posts: 4,730
    Yup this works too
    axhd3c9yyzzh.jpg
    Now I kanibalized both my tuners but for the better overall view.
    Though the soundhole one is very cool.

PS @psychebilly yes it would be cool to hear more about your guitar!
  • ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar
    This works on my Alves, but not on my Dupont. I want as subtle and hidden as possible. Even though that soundhole tuner is pretty small, it still bothers me that it can be seen from the front.
    wim
  • woodamandwoodamand Portland, OR✭✭✭ 2015 JWC Favino replica
    Does your guitar really lose its tuning easily? I am surprised if it does
    The tuners hold the tuning, it's the humidity changes that put it out of wack at home
    But interestingly it's pretty uniform when it goes either flat or sharp.
    B string might slip and detune if I bend but usually only once or twice and then it stays.
    On the gig it usually requires to tune at least once during the night.

I'm gonna keep the one stuck to the side, it's been working great.

But what I should really do is do it like I used to when I just started playing in the 80s and tuner was too expensive and people complimented me on how well my guitar was tuned: use my ear (after I get a reference note, usually by listening to the song I know to play)
    I notice these days if I'm only very slightly sharp or flat and I'm tuning by ear, I can't tell for certain which way I need to go. Where as back then when I relied on my ear all the time I knew immediately.
  • ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar
    Weather and humidity variations, especially here in New Orleans, will mean that all my instruments have to be tuned each time I pick them up. They also go out after a awhile during a vigorous jam session. It convenient to have a tuner on the instrument for on-the-spot adjustments. I just want it to be as small and unobtrusive yet accurate as possible.
    I'm happy with it stuck flat to the side of the guitar