DjangoBooks.com

Hot Club Record - Moreno - left/right channel?

Hi,
I have this older CD by Hot Club Records titled Moreno and it feature Moreno, of course, and Angelo Debarre. It's a great CD but I've long lost the liner notes. Does anyone know whether it's Moreno in the left channel and Angelo in the right? I kind of remember it that way but can't be sure.
Thanks!

Comments

• PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    It is pretty easy to recognize their respective sounds: the heavy brutal sound (very percussive) in the left is Moreno and the more delicate (more lyrical and a refined sound) in the right is Angelo for sure.
    Buco
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    For the full list of credits, check that
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 4,737
    Ha, love the description differentiating the two.
    Thanks for the heads up to this album too.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • sbrigersbriger New
    Thanks for the confirmation. It's a fun record, Buco. There's another one that they did together that's great, too.
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    What is the other record they did together, please? I dont have it on top of my head.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 4,737
    Been listening to it this morning, really fun. Moreno is a monster!!
  • sbrigersbriger New
    It's called Romano Baschepen from late 90s. Moreno sings on it too on a couple tracks.
    Buco
    Found it on Spotify too. It's cataloged under Angelo D.
    Funny, there are hundreds of artists named Moreno (last names I suppose) on Spotify, it's like at least 10% of their entire catalog are Morenos, a dynasty. I swiped for a good minute and didn't hit the bottom.
    Anyway, enough digressions, I'll listen to it this afternoon.
    Thanks
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    Funny I thought the first album we were talking about was Romano Baschepen! I will listen to the Hot Club Records album then since I am familiar with Romano Baschepen already!
  • MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"
    Isn't it Romano Braschepen that has the phenomenal Les gosses de la rue with Angelo? I seem to have lost the cd somehow, but I later found that particular tune on a compilation that I bought instead.