DjangoBooks.com

Transcription: In a Sentimental Mood (Django Reinhardt 1937) w/ tab

I love this solo, and I could never find a transcription that I was happy with. Mine is still not 100% but it's getting closer.

My performance is also not 100% accurate to the transcription ! - it's still hard for me to play even at this tempo.

Django's finger-style intro is included in the tabs, though I do not play it in the video.

tabs at: http://lapompejazz.com/public/in_a_sentimental_mood_1937_tab.pdf

asuraJoshl-mBuco

Comments

• mandocatmandocat Santa Rosa, CA✭✭✭ AJL XO, Eastman 905CE, PRS SE
    Andrew, nice work and I really like the guitar. If you pm me I'll send you my "alternate truth" version.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Hey Andrew, nice work! Thanks.

Hey Mando, don't you mean "alternate facts"? :-)
  • Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    There is a really good transcription in "Django Reinhardt" by Stan Ayeroff. Part of The Jazz Masters Series.
  • JosechikyJosechiky
    Andrew,nice job!Thanks for sharing your transcription.
  • mandocatmandocat Santa Rosa, CA✭✭✭ AJL XO, Eastman 905CE, PRS SE
    Yes Bones, I don't have my Trumpisms quite right. Agree Teddy. I borrowed heavily from Stan's book and also used software to slow it down and isolate passages.
    Ah I should be clearer - I have seen good enough transcriptions of just the notes (a lot of this arrangement is based off of Benjamin Givan's note-only transcription) but I was never happy with the tabs/fingerings that I'd seen.

There are a lot of parts here that could be played multiple ways if you are only trying to hit the right notes, but don't feel right to me unless played a certain way - even though the notes may be correct.

I still would be interested to see your version, mandocat. :)
    Buco
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Hey Mando, yeah already heard enough nonsense from those knuckleheads.
  • JosechikyJosechiky
    Mandocat,would you be so kind to send me a copy of that version too?