After you've gone solo

chubbybopchubbybop
in Technique Posts: 19
Modern stuffs, check it out!

ScoredogwimBucoJonpickitjohnrob.cuellari

Comments

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    edited February 2017 Posts: 1,454
    Good! :+1: You have the 'French accent' in your playing, and you can get a lot of the modern sounds that the guys who stick to the gypsy picking right hand just can't put easily ..
    chubbybop
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017 Posts: 518
    Love your playing Chub. I find your added bop vocabulary extremely fresh in this style. You still maintain a nice tone thru it all. I don't do the Skype or online thing but if you had a produced video covering elements of your style in the vain of DCmusicschool I'd check it out. To be honest the youtube videos are lesson enough for me, if I can't pull it off that then the problem is mine.

Ps: where's that old video of you jamming with Ollie (sp?)?, thats where I first heard your playing and right away liked your style, not only that you easily held your own!
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2017 Posts: 867
    I am a little remorse to mention it and maybe there is a new way to go about things but with youtube and the ability to .5 things it is almost counterproductive to put ones stuff out there if they want to teach...its quite a conundrum. Take lessons from me but here is enough to keep you going if you don't...maybe if one does not understand the theory behind it...I don't know the solution...sorry to get a bit off topic, it's a nice vid.
  • Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    Yeaowww, that's smokin' !
    Well that was a nice surprise.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • chubbybopchubbybop
    Wim Glenn wrote: »
    Good! :+1: You have the 'French accent' in your playing, and you can get a lot of the modern sounds that the guys who stick to the gypsy picking right hand just can't put easily ..

Thank you Wim Glenn for finding out that I am actually French without me saying a word! That's impressive! ahah :)

• chubbybopchubbybop
    Thank you everyone for checking this out. Thank you Richter 4208 for the suggestion about the DC video.

I have been thinking for a while of doing this and will take actions soon!