DjangoBooks.com

[sold]2006 Dupont MDC 50 SLOG limited edition

matt67matt67 ✭✭
edited August 2017 in Classifieds Posts: 6
Hi guys
For sale is a 2006 D Hole by Dupont. (MDC 50 SLOG)
It's a limited edition (only 32 made, number carved at the back of the headstock). SLOG stands for Série Limitée Oldies Guitars (which was a guitar shop in Paris).
Back and sides are in gorgeous Brazilian Rosewood.
It's basically an upgraded MDC 50, very close to a Vieille Réserve, with the DM tuners, vintage finish and bindings, bent top like on the Vieille Réserve, etc...
To my knowledge, the only difference with a Vieille Réserve is that it is not varnished in the inside, and it doesn't come with a bottle of Cognac. (But that can be arranged).

It's easy to play, loud and powerful. The D hole adds a good balance to the typical Dupont oval hole tone which can sometimes have too much bite (imho).
It's the best gypsy jazz guitar I've ever played, I took a lot of time before choosing this one. FWIW some of my gypsy friends also agreed it was an excellent guitar (Mandino and Sonny Reinhardt, Dino and Franko Mehrstein).

It is equiped with a bridge pickup by Patrick Inghileri, but I will also include the original Dupont Bigtone bridge. Comes with the original Dupond case.
It is in excellent condition.
Please don't hesitate to contact me for more info, pictures or recordings.
I'm in France (Alsace), but I can ship worldwide.
(Why am I selling it? To buy a Gibson Les Paul R9 haha)