DjangoBooks.com

New Django and clarinet transcriptions

PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
in Repertoire Posts: 426
Hello
I am back. Even if I didn't post any news, I was still working on my project dedicated to Django and the clarinet quintets.
Last time we stopped in July47. So now, we are starting the sessions recorded for the French radio show called Suprise Partie (and later published under the name Souvenirs of Django Reinhardt).
Here are the transcriptions available
Nuages, This Kind of Friend et Viper's Dream for the 25 august session
Les Yeux Noirs, Minor Swing et Swing 39 for the 29 august session
There are more songs to transcribe but I was tired of this sound (the balance is not good, it is hard to hear the notes sometimes) so I jumped to November and a session with Levecque, still for the same show.
I have two transcriptions of Django: Manoir de mes reves, Mélodie au crépuscule (rarely found online or in books).

And for fun, I also transcribed the clarinet parts of Minor Swing recorded live in 48 and in studio in 50. (Denis already transcribed the guitar parts).

I also added a short bio sketch of Maurice Meunier, the clarinet player in the August 47 session. I should come up soon with a bio sketch for the drummer Jacques Martinon (and maybe new pictures)

Hope you ll like it. It is still in French, the easiest is to click on the circle Liste of the tunes and pick the one you want to play.

Django et la clarinette

And special thanks to Rob Cuellari and YvesGuitare who transcribed and shared Django solos on Swing 39 and Viper Dream.
Bucosteffot-bird

Comments

• bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    Paps Pier - love the look of the grilles. What do you use to generate them?
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    I use Inkscape, a drawing software and the font called Parisian
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Thanks again Paps!