DjangoBooks.com

DFSW - bliss under a django full moon

ViejoVatoViejoVato New
edited May 2006 in North America Posts: 80
hello and cheers from the dry southwest ... we are firing up the barbi for you ....and serving up a stellar lineup of talent this year at Django Fest SouthWest (may 12 -13th). Shep and Ameranouche!!! who have recently released an outstanding CD of mostly original material will be flying in from New Hampshire along with Tom Mitchell from Baltimore. Local guitarists Allin Kibben of Hot Club of Tucson has teamed up with Chris Daniels to perform as Kibben & Daniels. The Cottonwood Club, a trio out of Littleton, CO brings their own particlar spin to the stage Sat night and the DFSW house band Poor Django's Almanac.

This ia a free weekend of concerts and seminars. We put this on every year to benefit the local Meals-on-wheels program. Everyone pretty much flies in on a shoestring and plays from the heart...we pass the hat so to speak and feel great to marry up 2 such worthwhile things. ... C'mon out for some great kick-butt GJ pickin' -

That's our pond with henryetta where you can camp (if the image survived the 'internet experience'
anyway .. ciao
thanks, milz ....
www.dfsw.net
"I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way"
my granny 'Meme' Foster circa 1998 at age 102
Django Jerry Jam - home grown GJ & Dead Ahead pickin'
http://www.DjangoJerryJam.com

Comments

• Coolbopper1Coolbopper1 NH, USANew
    I hope that folks come down to AZ to this festival event.
    Miller Adams is plain and simple, just a lover of this music and life in general. His enthusiasm is contagious. He's putting out so much from his own heart, time and talent as is his family. This festival is all about playing and enjoying music. If any of you folks have not heard Tom Mitchell, you are very much so missing the boat about a tremendous musician and a great fellow. Tom's going to be a DFSW as Miller said, as well as some great other GJ acts as well which is humbling to me. Not just the guys who are on stage but the guys and gals who are there participating and checking things out.
    Oh yeah and it's FREE OF CHARGE!!!
    A suggested donation is what's in the offering,,, C'mon!!!???
    Three days in the dessert, listening to some great music, being able to drink AZ water, looking around and seeing pastel skies while hearing great tunes, smelling campfires that warm the fingers while inspiring the soul, learning some new guitar stuff, being able to try out that new stuff, being able to be in on one of the most bodacious guitar raffles (A gorgeous Michael Collins Favino styled guitar,,, ouch!!), but most importantly, make some friends and connect with old friends.
    All while being in a short sleeve shirt with sun glasses on!
    Did I mention it's FREE???
    I hope some of you come out and support this wonderful festival Miller and his family are doing. It’s just extraordinary.
    Hats off and three cheers to him and his wonderful family Deb and Marlin.
    Best to you all,
    Shepp
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
  • ViejoVatoViejoVato New
    hello ....
    Here's what Rob Stinehart had to say
    >>
    Message 1
    From: "rmstinehart" <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->
    Date: Mon May 15, 2006 10:07am(PDT)
    Subject: DFSW

Upon the completion of the 2nd DFSW I feel the need to thank Miller
    and Debs for another wonderful event. Everyone needs to mark their
    calander and plan on enjoying this event next year.
    This is a laid back event with time to djam, enjoy others djamming,
    or just enjoy the desert sun. There was plenty to do for the GJ lover
    without the feeling of being chased as you rush from one event to
    another.
    All of the entertainment was provided by people who love doing what
    they do.
    Tom Mitchell was great,The Cottonwood club played an enjoying set,
    Poor Django's Almanac gets my vote as the most improved act, Kibbin
    and Daniels played as I knew these talanted folks could, and
    AMERANOUCHE!!! smoked again.

Bravo.
    Rob
    <<<
    thanks Rob ...
    a note on the Collins Favino raffle
    We had a great Django fest SW II and managed to get 160 tickets sold. We need to sell 220 just to break even on this ....
    We are extending the rafffle 6 weeks ... This is all charity work .. please help us get to our goal

Please go here for updated details and send us a check if you'd like a chance on this great guitar ...
    www.dfsw.net/collins_favino.htm

thanks,
    miller and Debs Adams
    "I don't know where I'm going but I'm on my way"
    my granny 'Meme' Foster circa 1998 at age 102
    Django Jerry Jam - home grown GJ & Dead Ahead pickin'
    http://www.DjangoJerryJam.com