DjangoBooks.com

NGD - Alexander Polyakov Selmer #6

Brad HermanBrad Herman San Francisco, CANew JWC Modele Jazz, Stankevicius Alena, Alexander Polyakov Selmer #6
I recently got into playing gypsy jazz (I've loved it my whole life but just recently decided to shift my playing focus there) and picked up a JWC Modele Jazz back in December... Shortly thereafter I came across a stunning looking grand bouche on my Reverb feed and realized it was from a builder in Russia. I jokingly told my soon to be wife (we were getting married in Feb), who is also from Russia, that I needed to have a beautiful Russian guitar now that I was getting a beautiful Russian wife. A few days later the listing ended and that was the end of things.

Fast forward to last week when her family came to visit my family while we were traveling back to Indiana (currently live in SF) and after dinner they started giving everyone gifts. They got to my wife and me and made a big deal out of my gift, and soon brought a big wooden box from the basement... It turns out that right after I had joked to my fiancé, she told her parents, and they immediately called the builder and purchased it, had it shipped to my family's house, and it had been sitting there since Mar waiting for our big trip. Pretty amazing!

The guitar has figured maple back, sides, and neck, with a rosewood fingerboard and a 50 year old spruce top. The antique shellac finish is beautiful and it sounds great!

vMkTDT3.jpg
49hB2rZ.jpg
aT1upxs.jpg
BucoaltonMcQpickitjohn

Comments

• edited June 2017 Posts: 4,730
    Ha!!! this may be the best story I've read on Djangobooks. Your wife should set up online course and teach my wife a thing or two and I imagine a few more from other members around here.

Congratulations to you two!!
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • What wonderful in-laws
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • Brad HermanBrad Herman San Francisco, CANew JWC Modele Jazz, Stankevicius Alena, Alexander Polyakov Selmer #6
    Jazzaferri wrote: »
    What wonderful in-laws

I have to agree!