DjangoBooks.com

Avalon & Douce Ambiance 8th note lines

MikkoKarhulaMikkoKarhula Helsinki, Finland✭✭ Manouche Orchestre 14-fret D-hole #134
in Welcome Posts: 47
Hi everyone!

I made little gypsy jazz guitar video after a long time. Idea here was to compose constant 8th note line for songs and then practice them as good as possible. After this could note durations and different dynamics be changed for more musical result. Maybe this can be good method for cultivating personal lines too.

I hope you like it!
Kindest, Mikko

https://youtube.com/watch?v=yTFZ4JjxUMI
Buco

Comments

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Nice playing. In Douce Ambiance it looks like you are sweeping consecutive upstrokes, am I seeing correctly? It's unusual in GJ, but anyway, the sound is clean and clear, bravo!
    MikkoKarhula
  • ShemiShemi Cardiff✭✭✭
    Great stuff. I plan on doing a bit more of this. I believe this is the kind of thing Gonzalo does in the "how I learned" book and Denis calls "vein practice".
    MikkoKarhula
  • MikkoKarhulaMikkoKarhula Helsinki, Finland✭✭ Manouche Orchestre 14-fret D-hole #134
    Wim Glenn wrote: »
    Nice playing. In Douce Ambiance it looks like you are sweeping consecutive upstrokes, am I seeing correctly? It's unusual in GJ, but anyway, the sound is clean and clear, bravo!

Thanks! You are right. i'm mixing picking techniques here. Years ago when i was playing more gypsy jazz I tried different techniques. I used some time to get the downstroke in fast tempos but I really didn't ever got it. After some thinking I have came to conclusion that It's not wise for me to use so much time for something that just isn't going to happen. Then I have more time to composing, practicing other things and styles when I'm not struggling all the time get the gypsy picking technique right. :)
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    Sweet lines Mikko.
    MikkoKarhula