DjangoBooks.com

Danielle DARRIEUX died today aged 100 years.

François RAVEZFrançois RAVEZ FranceProdigy
in History Posts: 294
After the recent death of Léo Marjane at 104 it is now another witness of Django's epoque, Danielle DARRIEUX who died today at exactly 100. It is remarkable how these women had an exceptionnal longevity.

Best

François
Buco

Comments

• Yes indeed, quite remarkable.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    Hi François!
    Yes another witness is gone...
    I have heard that Django was present and maybe even played at Danielle Darrieux's wedding with Porfirio Rubirosa in 1942, have you any news on that? On my side I was unable to find any evidence
  • François RAVEZFrançois RAVEZ FranceProdigy
    Hi Spatzo, unfortunately I never found any photos of Django at a Porfirio Rubirosa's wedding. In fact he first married with Daniel Darrieux in Vichy in september 1942, then with american millionaire tobacco heiress Doris DUKE in may 1946 in Paris. Doris offered Danielle Darrieux $ 1 million for not contesting the divorce with Porfirio. It is at this second wedding that Django, Hubert Rostaing and Yves Montand were present for sure (I don't know for the first one, though Django was reportedly a familiar of the couple Darrieux/Rubirosa).

Best

François
    Buco
  • Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    ...... and Rostaing was described as a playboy in the wedding report!!
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    In the first pictures of 1940 Rostaing does not look like much. But the pictures at Beziers train station with the Quintet surrounded by female fans!! He totally looks like a playboy
  • Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    PapsPier wrote: »
    In the first pictures of 1940 Rostaing does not look like much. But the pictures at Beziers train station with the Quintet surrounded by female fans!! He totally looks like a playboy

It's the shades that do it.

• François RAVEZFrançois RAVEZ FranceProdigy
    He had something of Tino ROSSI on this one

François