DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (0)

Related Discussions

Today's Birthdays

Nathan Sist KADBoydhgh

a next level Gitane D500?

I've searched & searched. So I thought I'd put this out there.

I'd like to buy a guitar that is similar to my old, worn, beaten up GItane D500 except way better. First, my guitars (the Gitane D500 & my Lowdens) have nut widths with 48mm (1 7/8") & I've grown accustomed to this size. Smaller sizes are simply too uncomfortable. Second, I'm not a gypsy-jazz purist. Since I play with musicians of various genres, the Gitane works well for me. I know the instrument sounds cold and wet but it projects yet is also pretty dynamic.

Can anyone recommend a Macafferri style guitar with 1 7/8" nut width BESIDES the Saga GItane and Ciganos? I know Michael Dunn has made them. Some old Castelluccias too. But they're hard to come by. And they often dont have truss rods! I have reached out to luthiers to customize an order but the wait time is looong. Is custom my only answer? Any suggestions?

Tagged:

Comments