DjangoBooks.com

Greetings from Shropshire, England.

TrevJTrevJ ShropshireNew JWC Selmer replica
in Welcome Posts: 15
Hi my name is Trev, I am new to the forum and I am from Shropshire in England. I am a retired guitar tech, although I am fairly new to playing gypsy jazz.

Comments

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Hi Trev, welcome to the forum. I wonder if you know Caley Groves and Remi Harris, I think those guys might be in the region
    ConorF
  • ConorFConorF Cheshire JWC Catania Swing
    Hi Trev, a few things happening in Shrewsbury at the Stop Cafe in the Museum.

Last year they had Paulus Schafer and Mozes Rosenburg.

Chris Quinn organised those concerts and plays in both Trio's. He also does lessons at the Coffee Shop.

And as Wim has already said Caley Groves and Remi Harris are around your neck of the woods.

I organise concerts in Liverpool if you feel like travelling further a field.

I have Romane playing for me at the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall, Music room on 24th February.

liverpoolphil.com/whats-on/djangos-legacy-v-romane-with-daniel-john-martin

Cheers, Conor
  • TrevJTrevJ ShropshireNew JWC Selmer replica
    Wim Glenn wrote: »
    Hi Trev, welcome to the forum. I wonder if you know Caley Groves and Remi Harris, I think those guys might be in the region
    Hi Wim, thanks for the welcome. I know of Remi Harris I have seen posters in the village advertising his gigs. I am going to see him when he plays at Ludlow brewery. I am more involved with the guys at the North Wales Jazz society, I used to give presentations for them on guitar setups etc.

ConorF wrote: »

Chris Quinn organised those concerts and plays in both Trio's. He also does lessons at the Coffee Shop.

And as Wim has already said Caley Groves and Remi Harris are around your neck of the woods.

I have Romane playing for me at the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall, Music room on 24th February.

Cheers, Conor

Thanks for your welcome message, I have been looking at the gigs in and around Shrewsbury and I intend to go to as many as I can. I am picking up the gypsy jazz and enjoying it, I have been a rock and blues guitarist for 40 years. I have packed away all the other gear so as to focus on gypsy jazz. I will certainly look at your gigs in Liverpool, its not too far from here and I am hoping to find some like minded guitarists locally to hook up with.

ConorF
  • ConorFConorF Cheshire JWC Catania Swing
    TrevJ wrote: »

Cheers, Conor

Thanks for your welcome message, I have been looking at the gigs in and around Shrewsbury and I intend to go to as many as I can. I am picking up the gypsy jazz and enjoying it, I have been a rock and blues guitarist for 40 years. I have packed away all the other gear so as to focus on gypsy jazz. I will certainly look at your gigs in Liverpool, its not too far from here and I am hoping to find some like minded guitarists locally to hook up with.

Next time we are heading down to a gig in Shrewsbury I'll give you a shout.

We can connect on FaceBook if you want or I can message you here.

Cheers, Conor
    Whoever is into Gypsy jazz and has Remi nearby is lucky.
    ConorFwim
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
    TrevJ wrote: »

Cheers, Conor

Next time we are heading down to a gig in Shrewsbury I'll give you a shout.

We can connect on FaceBook if you want or I can message you here.

Cheers, Conor
    Thanks for your hospitality, I have already connected with you on facebook.

Buco wrote: »
    Whoever is into Gypsy jazz and has Remi nearby is lucky.

Thank you, I am sure you are right. I appreciate your comment.

Trev.

• morriconemorricone Asterstein, Koblenz, GermanyNew Cigano GJ10 Harley Benton HBMC 500
    I've seen Remi Harris and Caley Groves play a couple of times at the Huddersfield Jazz Guitar Festival. They're well worth checking out
  • morriconemorricone Asterstein, Koblenz, GermanyNew Cigano GJ10 Harley Benton HBMC 500
    Oh, and welcome of course :)