DjangoBooks.com

Rino Van Hooijdonk Quintette *New CD*

nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
in Welcome Posts: 274
I'm very proud to announce the release of the new cd by the traditional Django style master, Rino Van Hooijdonk. Featuring Daniel Weltlinger and Joanna Gardner on violins, Niels Tausk ( from Fapy Lafertin's quintette) on bass and myself on rhythm guitar. We recorded this on an old Grundig reel to reel portable system and the results sound pretty authentic. Anyone interested in buying a cd can contact me by message at [email protected] . Additionally Michael may be carrying them at some point in the near future, though I have to work out the logistics of shipping from Europe.
lewischang88wimMarkALango-DjangoBillDaCostaWilliamsConorF

Comments

• PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    Really nice design (like the old DJangology discs) and careful choice of tunes! Good luck with that project
  • nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! Rino is one of the most overlooked players out there, and I hope that he'll get a bit more exposure once people hear this cd.
  • juandererjuanderer New ALD Original, Manouche Latcho Drom Djangology Koa, Caro y Topete AR 740 O
    Awesome news! Is there a hidden track of 'Speevy?' ;)
    Buco
    There is a hidden track, but Denis and Tcha did a great job with Speevy, so no reason to retread that path.
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl
    Enjoying listening to this a lot.
    Great vintage sound and comes across as being a highly enjoyable session for all involved. Not so much guitar-centred as I expected: violin gets equal share or more.
    Hidden track will be somewhat familiar to those who bought the RVH Soundslice course.
  • ConorFConorF Cheshire JWC Catania Swing
    I'm very proud to announce the release of the new cd by the traditional Django style master, Rino Van Hooijdonk. Featuring Daniel Weltlinger and Joanna Gardner on violins, Niels Tausk ( from Fapy Lafertin's quintette) on bass and myself on rhythm guitar. We recorded this on an old Grundig reel to reel portable system and the results sound pretty authentic. Anyone interested in buying a cd can contact me by message at [email protected] . Additionally Michael may be carrying them at some point in the near future, though I have to work out the logistics of shipping from Europe.

Hi Nick

I'll drop you an email. Thanks.

Conor
  • I received my copy about a week ago and have been listening to it in the car non-stop. Excellent recording - Thanks for sending, Nick!