DjangoBooks.com

Django’s Legacy VI: Lollo Meier Quartet - Liverpool Philharmonic Hall, Music Room

ConorFConorF Cheshire JWC Catania Swing
edited March 2018 in Europe Posts: 68
BLUE DRAG MUSIC PRESENTS

Django’s Legacy VI: Lollo Meier Quartet

Saturday 28 April 2018

Doors open at 7:00
Show starts at 8:00 pm
Venue Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Hall
Music Room
Liverpool
L1 9BP
Tel. +44 (0)151 709 3789

Legendary Dutch Gypsy Swing Guitar Master Lollo Meier comes from an elite family of Gypsy musicians. His goal: to carry on the music of Django, with a style and technique that’s traditional, melodious, lyrical, sensitive and joyful.

His mellifluous compositions have a refreshing authentic Django flavour and are played with extraordinary talent, unique style and amazing dexterity. His Quartet are sought after around the globe.

Famous for playing many lesser known Django tunes and his own compositions. He is a man of style, grace and humour, Lollo’s pure melodious playing touches his audiences and makes Django’s music as fresh today as it was 80 years ago.

As well as performing, he spends much of his time teaching sought-after master-classes, sharing his artistry and passing down Django's legacy.

The Quartet are:

Lollo Meier – Solo Guitar
Rares Morarescu - Violin
Filippo Dall'Asta - Rhythm Guitar
Jonny Gee - Double Bass

Book online, in person and over the phone

liverpoolphil.com/whats-on/djangos-legacy-vi-lollo-meier-quartet

Box Office Opening Hours

Telephone - 0151 709 3789

https://facebook.com/BlueDragMusic
billyshakes

Comments

• ConorFConorF Cheshire JWC Catania Swing
    Not many tickets left for this folks, don't miss your chance to see this Master of Gypsy Jazz...
  • TrevorTrevor Sheffield UK
    I've seen Lollo Meier a couple of times in Sheffeild. I'd recommend anyone in the Liverpool area to go and see him. I wish I could go myself. Hope everything goes well, Conor!
    ConorF
    Trevor wrote: »
    I've seen Lollo Meier a couple of times in Sheffeild. I'd recommend anyone in the Liverpool area to go and see him. I wish I could go myself. Hope everything goes well, Conor!

Thanks Trevor, sorry you can't make it.

Not many tickets left folks, don't miss your chance to see this Gypsy master!
    25 tickets left folks...don't miss out :-)