DjangoBooks.com

Custom-designed Audio Technica Pro 70 / AT831B mounts

V-dubV-dub San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭
Long story short: despite their issues, I love the sound of Audio Technica PRO 70 and AT831B mics and I think I'm in good company there. But after losing my soundhole mount, but couldn't stomach the fact that a replacement was $30.

I designed some custom ones which also accommodate a lot of the different mounting approaches I've seen in the gypsy jazz community. Including support mounting INSIDE the sound hole (petit bouche) or behind the bridge (common with feedback-prone D-hole setups).

The interior soundhole mount is thinner profile so it's easier to get in there without loosening strings, and there's also a clip on the other side for the cable so you don't have to tape it down, which I've seen some really hardcore gypsies do :)

Some more pictures here and full info here:
http://paniquejazz.com/audio-technica-microphone-mounts/

If you happen to have a 3d printer you can print them out yourself here:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2820002

I might be open to selling these if there's any interest.
MarkABucohumphrymusicwimcavemusic

Comments

• crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Brilliant idea. I'd happily buy these if they're available.
    always learning
  • V-dubV-dub San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭
    There seems to be a good amount of interest in purchasing them, so I added a paypal link to the site. $15 for a set including shipping to the US
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    What about shipping to the UK ?
    always learning
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Hey, this is great, I lost that stupid little part too. Thanks for sharing!
  • V-dubV-dub San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018 Posts: 325
    @crookedpinky Looked into it and my shipping cost alone would be over $10 and therefore would not be very cost effective for you. Thinking about outsourcing for international orders and have some leads there. I'll keep you posted. Or if you can find a mate with a 3d printer toss them a couple of quid and I'm sure they would do it. 3d printer folk are a bored lot. The designs are available free on thingiverse (link in my initial post) Anyway, more to come!
  • cavemusiccavemusic Edmonton, Alberta 2010 JWC Modele Jazz, 2015 Jean Barault Grande Bouche with resonator, 1947 Kay upright bass, Django finger puppet
    edited March 2018 Posts: 44
    There are some public makerspaces (or hackerspaces) around with cheap 3d printing. Check a public library or a university or college in your area. I work at a polytechnic and they have 3d printers available to students, staff and the public. Our city public library also has a makerspace.

https://wiki.hackerspaces.org/List_of_ALL_Hacker_Spaces
    Thanks for posting this V-dub. I'm going to print out a spare or two.
    Kevin
    I'd be more than happy to pay 10 bucks for shipping. For various reasons I don't have the option to find someone or somewhere with a 3d printer.
    always learning
  • danowensdanowens New
    What about shipping to the UK ?

It looks like Hobs do 3D printing in Glasgow: https://hobsstudio.com/branches/glasgow/
  • djimdjim San DiegoNew
    I tried printing the bridge mount version and wasn't successful. We scrapped it and will try again later. The clip arms didn't print well. The tech at the library said the clip arms looked too thin. Has anyone successfully printed the bridge mount? The entry at thingiverse.com shows 0 made. I'll send an update after the next attempt.
    Danowens thanks for that info. I'll give them a call.
    always learning