DjangoBooks.com

Krivo pickup with Galli GSL strings

Hi Everyone,

I like the look of the djangobucker but have a thought that it may not work as well with silk and steel strings. Has anyone had experience with this combo?

Thanks

Comments

I used variety of silk and still strings including Gallis for a while along with Krivo single coil, no issues at all.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    As Buco says, no problems.
  • DjangoJayDjangoJay New
    Thanks for the input guys :)

Buco- Any particular reason you went for the single coil over the humbucker?

I'm looking for a pickup to loop Rythmn so i can play lead when busking alone. Iv got a bright sounding altamira m01
  • edited May 2018 Posts: 4,735
    I bought a humbucker first and compared it to a frind's single coil.
    There is a post somewhere where I went into detail but the humbucker seemed to have a slightly lower and quieter output, and the single coil besides being a touch louder was a bit more "electric" sounding which is what I wanted. So I returned the humbucker and got a single coil from Michael.

Then I had an "aha" moment and realized I can create a humbucking setup by combining two of the Krivo single coils (it's quiet most of the time but occasionally I'd run into a hum issue) . Bought my friend's single coil which he wasn't using any longer and that's the set up I use now.

PS the latest Krivo humbuckers have a new look so just based on that, Jason might have redesigned it. So my observation may not be correct with this new pickup.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel