DjangoBooks.com

Which is better

For the beginner hobbyist which is better, the new Eastman guitars or the Altimiras? Just curious. Thanks.

Comments

• jpipper17jpipper17 New Saga Cigano GJ-10
    I can't speak on either one of those. I have a Cigano Gitane GJ-10, and after listening to some of the Altimiras I wish I would have gone with one of them.
  • vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M
    That Eastman is definitely going to be competitive with Altamira if it is anything like their arch tops . I am very excited to hear something about it as I was strongly set on getting one, but lost patience and went for the Altamira
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    Here we go again, the hype train is off and running.

Eastman/Altamira, even Gitane or Cigano, just remember 90% or more is in the fingers, the name on the headstock is often just an ego boost.
    Lets face it, once we have - as an individual with an ego - made the decision which one suits us best and then paid the money, we then have a duty to defend it and say so at every opportunity.
    Therefore, you will not find many unbiased opinions on here.

I am not saying there is no point in having an opinion and saying so, of course they all have a different voice, but in the end it should be down to the individual person to decide what sounds best the way they play it, and the way they want to hear it.

Too many are still influenced by trends, and what are the (perceived) fashionable names. Sure, if there is some real garbage out there; and be sure there is, it is good to be informed, but your like for like question will always be subjective and open to interpretation.

No point asking someone else what they think is the best, you can only decide for yourself.

• jeffmatzjeffmatz ChicagoNew
    My guess is the Eastmans will be good guitars, but we don't really know how good yet...Altamira has been around for a bit, and I think they've established themselves as being a guitar people really end up liking...so if I was ordering sight unseen today, of those two, I'd go with Altamira.

But yeah, like Chris said...the guitar is only the tool...and while we might agree a guitar is "good," it might also sound completely different if I played it versus you playing it...