DjangoBooks.com

Teachers in ROMA

tommasotommaso ROMA-ITALYNew
edited May 2006 in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 149
Hi all,
I am at that point, of my study of GJ guitar, in which, after the initial period with great progresses, the improvements are now much more slow and hard.
I need a qualified teacher who help me to do the “quality jump”.

Is there anybody who knows where I can find one in ROMA (ITALY) ? Or at least where to find opportunities to come close to GJ guitar teaching (i.e. workshops, clinic, etc.) in ROMA?

Any help is greatly appreciated
Grazie Django!

Comments

• clausciclausci RomaNew
    tommaso wrote:
    Hi all,
    I am at that point, of my study of GJ guitar, in which, after the initial period with great progresses, the improvements are now much more slow and hard.

Is there anybody who knows where I can find one in ROMA (ITALY) ? Or at least where to find opportunities to come close to GJ guitar teaching (i.e. workshops, clinic, etc.) in ROMA?

Ciao Tommaso,
    i don t know about any GJworkshop or somrthing like that here in Rome,
    there is a very good guitarist Alessandro Russo of Les Hot Swing wich i ve heard some times ago gives lessons but now i dont know you can ask about .
    i study violin you can ask to emicad www.emicad.altervista.org if he know someone.
    at what level you are? you play with a group?
    Claudio
  • NolanNolan Amsterdam✭✭✭✭
    Hi There,i'm visiting Rome next week 24,25,26, May and wonder if there's any good music around? Also if there's any alternative accomodation!?
    Cheers,
    Robin
    www.GypsyJazzSecrets.com
    www.Gypsyjazzworldpassport.com
  • emicademicad Rome - ItalyModerator
    tommaso wrote:
    Hi all,

I can ask to Alessandro if he already give some lessons. Here some infos about him and his band:
    http://www.hotclub.co.uk/html/leshotswing.html
    http://www.les-hot-swing.com/
    I often jammed with him, Clausci and other friends and I can confirm is a very good player also if I must to say he doesn't use strictly gypsy technique, let me know if you are interested. Anyway, if you are a rookie I can also give you some lessons, I'm not exactly a teacher but I'm sure I can help you.
    Ciao
    Thanks for the info........I'm more interested to see some music......i'm not a rookie.......thanks for the links

robin nolan
    www.GypsyJazzSecrets.com
    Sorry.....now i see you were replying to the original question.........i'll just get out the way...sorry!

r
    www.GypsyJazzSecrets.com
    Nolan wrote:
    Sorry.....now i see you were replying to the original question.........i'll just get out the way...sorry!

r
    :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Are there any good places for music tinight tomorrow or fsaturday?

r
    www.GypsyJazzSecrets.com
    Nolan wrote:
    Are there any good places for music tinight tomorrow or fsaturday?

r
    My house :lol:
    Just mail me <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

Maybe we can meet up? I'm with my wife and looking forwards to checking Rome out......

r
    www.GypsyJazzSecrets.com
    edited May 2006 Posts: 472
    Nolan wrote:
    Just mail me <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

Maybe we can meet up? I'm with my wife and looking forwards to checking Rome out......

r
    OK