DjangoBooks.com

The London Django Collective feat Giacomo Smith, vid of a new band creating gypsy jazz in London!

edited September 2019 in Europe Posts: 22

EDIT- Sorry the link we provided was to one with the wrong audio, all fixed now!

Just wanted to share this new video, one of many others to come over the coming months from a new project The London Django Collective.

Heres what we are all about....

The best music is made collectively. The London Django Collective was born out of the desire to create a local and innovate forum in the city we live in for musicians influenced by the musical legacy of Django Reinhardt. Remaining in the spirit of Django, whilst pushing the genre of ‘gypsy jazz’ in London forward into a modern sphere.

Matt Holborn - violin, Kourosh Kanani - guitar, Harry Diplock - guitar, giacomo smith - clarinet, Jeremie Coullon - guitar, Robin Katz - guitar, Pete Thomas - double bass.

Check out this video of us playing on the classic 'Tiger Rag' and get ready for releases on all streaming services of original music starting with....

Volume 1 - Harry Diplock out 14th October 2019 on Spotify, Apple music, Amazon music, Bandcamp and CD baby.

Hope you like.

Matt

LumenaPetrovBucoScoredogwim

Comments

• AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15

It says "This video is private." Or is it just our web censor?

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    edited September 2019 Posts: 704

This link works, and I believe it is the same video:

MatteoBillDaCostaWilliams

Thanks Jon. Enjoyed the video and looking forward for more.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • swiesslerswiessler NorCalNew Dupont MD20,Gibson L5,Bumgarner F hole(DiMauro type)

wow! Well done! Old school vibe throughout!

• AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.

*FOUR* guitars ;-)

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Fantastic sound guys! Please let me know where you are playing as I would love to come along and see you perform.

One question that you may be able to help me with. I notice that your band features a nylon strung concert model. I am currently building two of these and I would really appreciate any tips your player might have with regards to the best strings for this guitar.

Hope to catch you soon

Darren

Hi Guys, If yopu are interested in hearing our releases how about you presave our upcoming release on spotify? Follow the link below!

https://show.co/JOZVEIK

• pmgpmg Atherton, CANew Dupont MD50R, Shelley Park Custom, Super 400, 68 Les Paul Deluxe, Stevie Ray Strat

Bravo guys!!! Very well done. Love the sound room video and sound work.

I'm always interested in jamming with experienced jazz and gypsy jazz players in the San Francisco - San Jose area. Drop me a line. Bass players welcome!
  • Hi Matt,

I'm not keen on giving show.co access to my email accounts and the ability to manage pretty much all settings on my Spotify account including who I follow and my playlists.

Is there some other way I can keep track of any gigs you may be playing?