DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

tony30 Christophe Perugini thd85

Cigano GJ-10 Neck Problems

jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F

I recently moved from Santa Cruz/Aptos to Hercules, Ca which is a bit hotter and drier than Aptos. I put my Cigano on the stand where it lives as I enjoy having it be accessible, which makes me practice more. The first time I had a chance to pick it up, I was quite disappointed to find the high E and B strings were almost unplayable with dead notes and fret buzz, mostly around the 12th fret. Rather than panic, I placed it in the case with an inexpensive DAddario PW acoustic guitar humidifier for a few days, and luckily, the playability returned. Of course this whole episode made me a bit nervous about my Dupont MD100, but it always stays in the case with an Oasis OH-1, and it survived the move without problems. I'll always consider guitar humidifiers a wise investment.

If anybody lives around Pinole and Hercules who plays GJ, let me know as I would love to jam.