DjangoBooks.com

Cigano GJ-10 Neck Problems

jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F

I recently moved from Santa Cruz/Aptos to Hercules, Ca which is a bit hotter and drier than Aptos. I put my Cigano on the stand where it lives as I enjoy having it be accessible, which makes me practice more. The first time I had a chance to pick it up, I was quite disappointed to find the high E and B strings were almost unplayable with dead notes and fret buzz, mostly around the 12th fret. Rather than panic, I placed it in the case with an inexpensive DAddario PW acoustic guitar humidifier for a few days, and luckily, the playability returned. Of course this whole episode made me a bit nervous about my Dupont MD100, but it always stays in the case with an Oasis OH-1, and it survived the move without problems. I'll always consider guitar humidifiers a wise investment.

If anybody lives around Pinole and Hercules who plays GJ, let me know as I would love to jam.