DjangoBooks.com

Oscar Aleman book

edited November 2012 in Pearl Django Play-Along Vol.1 Posts: 14
Greg,
I noticed that Michael is starting to advertise a forthcoming book by you featuring transcriptions of Oscar Aleman's music. How is that book progressing? I think there would be quite a bit of interest in a book like that, since as far as I am aware, nothing like it already exists. I was enjoying listening to Oscar's versions In the Mood and Russian Lullaby recently, and,as always, I am was amazed by his unique approach to every tune he plays. His rhythm is amazing.

Take care,
Coopervery

Comments

• gregrubygregruby Moderator
    I too am excited. All the basic charts and transcriptions are completed and I am in the editing phase....(Edit EDit EDIt EDIT!!!) I hope to have it out by Summer's End.

Oscar was a great contribution to Gypsy Jazz and his approach is unique. His timing is extroidinary and his arrangments are very creative. I can only imagine the music that he and Django must have made together.

all the best,

greg
  • woodshedderwoodshedder FlorenceNew
    that's great news! oscar is the man. or is fapy the man? i mean django is the Man, but you know. i digress.

d
  • emicademicad Rome - ItalyModerator
    coopervery wrote:
    Greg,
    I noticed that Michael is starting to advertise a forthcoming book by you featuring transcriptions of Oscar Aleman's music. How is that book progressing? I think there would be quite a bit of interest in a book like that, since as far as I am aware, nothing like it already exists. I was enjoying listening to Oscar's versions In the Mood and Russian Lullaby recently, and,as always, I am was amazed by his unique approach to every tune he plays. His rhythm is amazing.

Take care,
    Coopervery
    Mike is wrinting the book or someone else?
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Greg Ruby is writing the Aleman book...
  • emicademicad Rome - ItalyModerator
    Greg Ruby is writing the Aleman book...
    Oh, for sure
    greg200.jpg
  • dtycholisdtycholis New
    Fantastic Greg!
    I and several friends really dig Oscar's way of swinging a tune.
    Really looking forward to this book...please let us know when we can pre-order it!
    Donstro
  • swing68swing68 Poznan, Poland✭✭✭ Manouche Modele Orchestre, JWC Catania Swing
    Anyone know what became of this?
    The war on Am7 and Cmaj7 begins here ...
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Greg is still working on it, albeit slowly.

M
  • bryanologybryanology Los Angeles, CANew
    I'll be pre-ordering this book as soon as I can. Really looking forward to it
  • Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
    I like Oscar's version of Blue Skies
    Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
    http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com