DjangoBooks.com

Creaking/clicking when bending on 1-4 frets.

Hi everyone, I had this problem with a few of my guitars and looking for a solution.

When I do bends on the high e,b, and g strings around the 2,3 and 4th fret I get a harsh click/popping sound. I can also feel the vibrations of the click. I think its the strings sliding out of small indents on the 0 fret but not positive. I doubt people can hear it but it really annoys me, I want to feel a nice smooth bend but rather get this annoying click or popping on the string. It can also happen making a chord further down the neck. Does anyone else experience this?

Any feedback is great, both guitars have an EVO GOLD 0 fret, maybe I should try something stronger? Thanks. I will try posting a video.

Comments

• mac63000mac63000 Tacoma, WANew Geronimo Mateos Jazz B

Is your zero fret uneven? It could also be the strings moving around in the nut, I've had to refile string slots before the same thing, but not on selmer style guitars with a zero fret... I'm unfamiliar with evo gold frets, are they softer metal?

• DjangoJayDjangoJay New

Have you tried polishing the frets? Bending on rusted frets can make that kind of noise.

• mac63000mac63000 Tacoma, WANew Geronimo Mateos Jazz B

Sometimes my bridge will move slightly when I bend the high E further down the neck resulting in kind of a creaking sound. It could also be moving around in the nut grove that might not be filed smoothly.