DjangoBooks.com

Dupont nomade D vs Oval hole

Hi guys I would like to buy a Dupont Nomad to improve My Gitane D500.... (I think it's right for my budget (about 1300eu) just wondering the differences between D and Oval hole... Same neck, same nut widt and body dimensions?

Can some one tell me these measures?

I like the oval sound... and D shape... don't like the cutted end of the fingerboar of the oval model... But... :))

Thanks..

Luca

Comments

• TwangTwang New

I have the oval hole and I love it. If you ever want to stick a stimer style pickup on it, and many of us do, then it’s easy to fit on the oval hole.

you can still put a stimer on the d hole, it’d just be on the other side of the soundhole. Dunno if that’d make much difference soundwise. There are lots of different ways to fit these pickups nowadays anyway.

• mac63000mac63000 Tacoma, WANew Geronimo Mateos Jazz B

I'd be remisced not to mention Geronimo Mateos guitars... The Jazz B is a similar price point and comes in both oval and D hole. The oil finish is nice and light and the guitar plays and projects great--and the sound only gets better. It also comes with a removable pickup wired to an end pin jack, which is added value imo. I loved the way the Nomade played and sounded but it was a little too stripped down for my taste. Just another option to consider!

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator

@LucaT other than the soundhole, there is no difference between the oval a D hole Nomades. All the specs are listied on our site.

thanks!

Michael

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F

@MichaelHorowitz It appears they have changed the back and sides of the Dupont MD100 to "sapelly" rather than mahogany. Is that an improvement over the quilted mahogany?

From the Dupont web site:

MD100

• Back and sides in laminated sapelly
    • French spruce top
    • Mahogany neck
    • Ebony fingerboard
    • Satin finish

rudolfochrist
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator

@jonpowl My guess is the sapelly would be a little rounder and not as bright. But there are so many variables (i.e. age, quality, and variety of the sapelly.) I haven't actually had an MD100 here yet with sapelly so I won't know till I've had a chance to evaluate one.

rudolfochristjonpowl
  • KlausUSKlausUS AustriaNew Cholet Intuition, Gaffiero Original, AJL Q&P

I have the D-Hole, it is an excellent Guitar, very loud and good playability. I prefer a little bit more the ovalholes as the Sound seems to me more focused. But it is all about personal preferences. You cań´t go wrong with a Nomade.