DjangoBooks.com

Venuti e-books?

PolkatPolkat Chico, CANew
edited September 2008 in Violin Posts: 119
I don't quite understand the e-books page. I want the Venuti books, but don't understand how to pay for them to download them. Can anyone help this dummy?
Violin's swing the best!

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Hi....go here: eBooks

Just add the eBooks to your shopping cart and check out. You'll then get a confirmation email with a download link. just click on the link and it will download your book.

Enjoy!

'm
  • KcoxKcox Montreal, QCNew
    Any opinions on the Venuti rhythm books? I'm thinking about getting it for my girlfriend. She has taken some classical lessons and has a pretty good ear, but her bow technique is a bit lacking.

Thanks!
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    I'm not a violinist so I've never gone through them carefully. But they seem to be very detailed. Violinist friends of mine have said that the bowing instruction is the best thing about the book. You don't really find many tutorials on swing bowing. Also, it's set up in a very regimented way....you progress through a series of academic sort exercises. Venuti is very adamant about not skipping ahead!

I hope that helps...

'm
  • KcoxKcox Montreal, QCNew
    Thanks Michael, regimented is exactly what she needs!
  • djangadjodjangadjo NebraskaNew
    Kcox wrote:
    Any opinions on the Venuti rhythm books? I'm thinking about getting it for my girlfriend. She has taken some classical lessons and has a pretty good ear, but her bow technique is a bit lacking.

Thanks!

You could also get her:
    Joe Venuti - Never Before...Never Again
    Edited by Richard Niles Romano

She could hear and see the phrasing.
    87 Rue de Dunkerque: "The bow must go up and down."