DjangoBooks.com

2004 Dell Arte Model 503 for sale or trade

HotPickHotPick New
edited June 2020 in Classifieds Posts: 1

I am selling my rare 2004 Dell’Arte 503 Gypsy jazz guitar. This hard-to-find, high-quality Selmer copy was handmade in Dell'Arte's California workshop and features nicely grained laminate rosewood back, sides and body binding; a premium solid spruce top with a small soundhole (bouche); a walnut neck with an ebony fretboard (670mm scale length), 1 ¾” nut and a shallow “D” shaped neck, and a rosewood bridge with a Big Tone pickup. Hardware includes a set of Gotoh three-on-a-plate tuners with grained ivoroid buttons and a slightly tarnished DR tailpiece. A very nice quality hardshell case is included as well.

As the name of this guitar suggests, it's closely based on Django's own Selmer #503. In addition to the classic body specs, this instrument has only four top braces, just like Django's own, very unusual Selmer.

Being a fairly accurate Selmer copy, this instrument produces a very traditional tone that is reminiscent of Django's classic recordings. It has the crisp highs and a juicy, complex midrange that are so characteristic of the classic Selmer sound. The lack of the 5th bass brace (tone bar) improves the bass response, yielding that warm tone you hear on so many of Django's recordings.

The condition of this handsome instrument is excellent. It has great playability up and down the neck and plays easily with low 2.8mm action. Dell'Arte stopped producing guitars over a decade ago. Here's a rare chance to get one in fantastic condition!

$2,400.00 (or best reasonable offer) and free shipping; shipped in the Continental USA only. Please contact me for detailed pictures and/or any questions you may have concerning this fine guitar. Would consider a trade (trade/cash) for an interesting mandolin- Two-Point, Old Wave, Rigel, or shorter scale Gypsy jazz guitar.

Comments