DjangoBooks.com

New cd box from Label Ouest coming: Django Electrified

MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"

Three cd's of Django on the electrified guitar in 1947. Samy Daussat announced it on the French Django forum the other day. He calls it the most beautiful restoration they have achieved in the series of Django recordings: https://guitarejazzmanouche.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35651

It will be available the 17 July: https://www.bayardmusique.com/album/1861/electrified-django-django-reinhardt

rudolfochristBillDaCostaWilliamsvanmalmsteenBucoadrianbillyshakes

Comments

• rudolfochristrudolfochrist Worms, GermanyNew Dupont MD-100

That sounds so cool. Can’t wait.

• BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl
    edited July 2020 Posts: 631

He calls it the most beautiful restoration they have achieved in the series of Django recordings.:

Well, I have found the others to be truly phenomenal - can't wait to hear this one.

• BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl
    edited July 2020 Posts: 631

• vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M

Love Django’s electric era!

• MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"
    edited July 2020 Posts: 393

Yes, there are some sublime recordings in here, some true masterpieces. So good to have something to look forward to in these troubled times.

• mac63000mac63000 Tacoma, WANew Geronimo Mateos Jazz B

Now if they'd only put this out on vinyl...

• adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso

Just wanted to say I received this new set late last week and it sounds GREAT! The difference in sound quality, especially if you do an A/B test with previous releases, is huge. Highly recommended (and same goes for all of the other Django remasters on this label).

Adrian

BillDaCostaWilliamsBucobillyshakesrudolfochrist
  • geese_comgeese_com Madison, WINew 503

Thanks for the reminder. I just ordered my copy. I have all the other sets, so I am looking forward to this one as well. The remastering they did for these CDs is just great.

• MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"

I received it today. These recordings are so good! Even surprised to discover a few ones that weren't on my old LP:s and CD:s (I don't have the complete Fremeaux series). Why is it that guitar and clarinet sound so very good together?

Bucobillyshakes