DjangoBooks.com

Colourized Django

in Photos Posts: 1

Just thought that I’d post this colourization of Django that I did. Hopefully, some of you will enjoy it!

Tagged:
wimmac63000BonesBucoPetrovvanmalmsteenrudolfochristspatzoMarkABillDaCostaWilliamsand 5 others.

Comments

This is the best I've seen. Thanks for posting!

spatzo
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Well done!

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator

Ok, that’s it!

Damn the consequences!

I’m going down to the thrift shop and find an old brown herringbone jacket just like Django’s...

I think it’s exactly what a Pope or even a self-respecting High Priest should wear...

BillDaCostaWilliamsbillyshakes
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica

This is also the best one I've seen. Excellent job!

@SimonHurley is the highest resolution, and/or do you have an uncompressed file avail? I'd like to get it printed into a poster.

rudolfochrist
  • BonesBones Moderator

Looks like he is going to jump right out of the screen and launch into a solo! Well done.

billyshakes
  • juandererjuanderer New ALD Original, Manouche Latcho Drom Djangology Koa, Caro y Topete AR 740 O

So he wasn't blond and blue-eyed?

wim
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio

Very nice colourization! Here's a poster from Django in June from a few years ago that also has a nice colourization. Cheers!

BucovanmalmsteenBillDaCostaWilliams
  • Svanis1337Svanis1337 ✭✭✭

I like this colourization because far too often people choose blue for his jacket because of that one photo session, when in fact Django rarely wore the same clothes and had a constantly changing wardrobe.

billyshakes
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.

And someone at Hal Leonard chose blue when colorizing this DVD cover.

billyshakesBillDaCostaWilliams
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica

@SimonHurley If you're interested to do another, this is a high-res one - and he actually plays his selmer guitar not some random guitar 👍️

https://syllogihalkiadi.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/django-reinhardt1.jpg