DjangoBooks.com

Video Lesson

CuimeanCuimean Los AngelesProdigy
edited July 2006 in Technique Posts: 271
I learned quite a bit about technique by watching this video lesson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_tuLEmWccM

Comments

• DuozonaDuozona Phoenix, AZNew
    OMFG That was hilarious, I literally just laughed louder than I have in a long time. THANKS
  • CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    :lol: Everyone I work with was cracking up. The Petrucci videos are even funnier.
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
  • MontereyJacquesMontereyJacques ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011 Posts: 81
  • CuimeanCuimean Los AngelesProdigy
    I'll bet Mariah Carey could sing circles around Billie Holiday, but I know for damn sure who I'd rather listen to.
  • V-dubV-dub San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭
    Apples and oranges. I seriously doubt Yngwie could take a solo that made any sense over jazz changes. But at neo-classical shred, Yngwie is your man. In all fairness, I recently tried playing in a rock band again, and got kicked out for not "rocking" enough.
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    You know, it's been a couple of hours, and I'm still feeling a little soiled over my pro-Mariah comment. I'm sure that comment needed to be made, but for my sanity and self-esteem, can we pretend someone else made it?

No way! You want one of us to take credit?!
    When someone asks me who my favorite guitar player/preshow boozehound is anymore, I don't even bother to say Bireli anymore.

I hear you Jack, he just keeps reaching new heights...I've gone back to Tchavalo as my standby answer...

Best,
    Jack.
  • CuimeanCuimean Los AngelesProdigy
    I didn't mean to start anything too deep. Yngwie is certainly a very talented guitar player. I just thought the video was absurd and funny, just like the one where someone overdubbed some terrible playing on a video of Wes Montgomery.

Jacques' post makes me imagine something that, in my opinion, would be a pretty cool development in the gypsy jazz world. Imagine Nokie Edwards and Tchavolo, playing together but each doing their own thing. Or Pat Metheny and Angelo Debarre. Or, wow, Bill Frisell and Boulou Ferre. Hell, Charlie Haden did an album with Carlos Paredes, and Gary Burton played with Astor Piazzolla. Why not? Could be an interesting exchange of ideas.

But then again, I'd rather listen to Shooby Taylor than Miles Davis, so my critiques probably don't really count for much. :)

In an attempt to deflect some attention from Jacques' pro-Mariah statement, I'll point out here that Christina Aguilera is about to release an album of music inspired by the jazz of the '20s, '30s, and '40s. And yes, I am morbidly curious about it.

P.S.: Not to pick on the poor guy too much, but has anyone heard the recording of Yngwie freaking out on a flight to Tokyo? It's truly bizarre. "You've released the f***ing FURY!"