DjangoBooks.com

Question about the Oasis OH-14 case humidifier

I purchased an Oasis OH-14 case humidifier almost 2 months ago. I realized today when I went to refill it that the inside had turned into a gel. I live in Wyoming and it doesn't get hot up at these altitudes. It is a very dry environment up here at 7,220 feet. I'm just curious if the gel that has formed inside the humidifier will have caused irreversible damage and if I need to purchase another one.

Comments

• JoseJose Minneapolis New DuPont MD 50

That’s how it works! Nothing to worry about, just make sure to use distilled water.

KMatt
  • geese_comgeese_com Madison, WINew 503

That is how mine are now. I have a reminder on my calendar to check mine every 2 weeks and refill them if needed.

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F

From Oasis: There is a very small quantity of Humigel™ crystals, a dry, super water absorbent polymer, in every humidifier (.6 ccs). In most cases, you can shake the humidifier and hear them rattle around. Some users hear the rattling, open the cap and mistakenly dump them out. If you do this, you will need to purchase a Humigel™ replacement kit.

I use the Oasis OH-6 Case Humidifier in two of my GJ guitar cases with distilled water and the guitars seem to do very well. I add water at least once a week, but also keep a D'Addario Acoustic Guitar Soundhole Humidifier in my petite bouche Dupont.

• KMattKMatt New

Jonpowl, it seems as if the crystals have become a gel. Only during my recent check on refilling it did it turn into this gel. Obviously I became concerned with witnessing something that I perceived to be abnormal. I'm 100% certain that I didn't lose my crystals. I've continued to refill it with distilled water (having to remind roommates to not touch my distilled water jugs) and it seems to continue to work, I suppose.