DjangoBooks.com

EDDIE LANG CHALLENGE: contest entries dedicated thread...

Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
edited April 2021 in Eddie Lang Club Posts: 1,855

Our first submission!

It is by “Bing’s ENT?...Run!!!!”...

This is in WAV form, hope it works for everyone... let me know if you encounter problems...

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."

Comments

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    edited April 2021 Posts: 1,855

Our second submission is by "The Galloping Gourmand"

Buco
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."

Just a reminder... if you are new to this, there is a previous thread where the ground rules were established...

... but here's a quick recap just in case...

CHALLENGE: inspired by Eddie Lang's example, contestants will attempt to combine chords and single string fills over the four bar chord progression: Am/// D7/// G/// G///

PRIZE: $100 gift certificate for DjangoBoooks.com

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: midnight May 15th

THREE SUBMISSIONS MAXIMUM PER CONTESTANT

VOTING TO TAKE PLACE AFTER MAY 15 SUBMISSION DEADLINE

Contestant number three is "Langin the Blues", who provided three submissions...

Contestant number four is  "Shrivelup Andropov" with this submission...

Great to hear from contestant number five, Emmett Ray, who submitted two entries...

edited May 2021 Posts: 1,855

And thanks to contestant number six “Uncle Sal’s Spectacular” who has submitted two entries...

Still more contestants keep pouring in!

Here's lucky number seven, @real_contestant_...

Good news! Another entry, this makes number eight, from "Dimmu Burger"...

edited May 2021 Posts: 1,855

There are only a couple of days left to enter, so... procrastinators beware... better pull the thumb out!

The deadline for submissions is midnight, Saturday May 15 EST...

...which equals 5 am GMT Sunday May 16...

... any of our DB members in Europe, Asia or Australia who are still planning to enter should calculate accordingly...

Thanks,

Will