DjangoBooks.com

Anyone know what model this is?

HiAll,

I have a Vintage Strings Grand Bouche I picked up from my band mate. Anyone know the model? The tag is missing.

billyshakes

Comments

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Nice looking guitar.

• ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.

These were made by Jeong Woo Cho in Korea before he set up as JWC in the UK. The only one I was familiar with was the Moreno signature model, and I have seen those with both 12 and 14 fret neck joints but always with a tenth fret dot marker, whereas yours has a dot at the ninth so they must have made a few different types. There is probably more info if you search back through this forum page.

• crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole

I owned one of the Moreno models. It was built like a tank and - to be honest - didn't sound that great. However when they transferred over to the JWC brand I think that they are a totally different beast. I've heard a few of the JWC guitars and they all sound brilliant. Just for the record, the two companies - Manouche guiatrs and JWC - are not owned by Jeong Woo Cho. He is the luthier, the most important guy in the equation but the there were two English guys involved in Manouche guitars who, after a period of time, fell out with each other and one of them set up JWC guiatrs. He moved Jeong and his family to the UK for a number of years before he moved back to South Korea.

BillDaCostaWilliamsbillyshakes
    always learning
  • PaulettePaulette New

Thanks! I knew the history as well. I think it sounds very good. It was a step up for me from the Paris Swing!!! for sure! But I have some issues with my left hand and this thing is hard to play for a person with small hands.

I bought a DG-310 and if I like it, I’m willing this one.

Just trying to figure out how to sell it wonky to a model or description! Maybe just a history lesson and a video will do it.

Thanks!

Paulette

• crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole

I forgot to say that I had an oval hole model but my friend has a 12 fret d hole and it's a much better sounding guitar.

always learning