DjangoBooks.com

Djangobooks colab songs: leadsheets and arrangements, propositions and sketches

WillieWillie HamburgNew
edited September 2021 in Welcome Posts: 824

This is meant to collect, discuss and put together the musical ideas for the songs to record.

Comments

• WillieWillie HamburgNew

J'attendrai

Revised stanza chords, this is what I think I heard listening to the Rina Ketty version. I'm rather sure but of course this is open for better ears and better ideas. The refrain in the R. K. version uses kind of C Major - B7 half-bar change, but I suggest sticking to the 3 bars 1 bar change. I uploaded a word document so it would be easy to revise the stuff. Do we need leadsheets with the melodies?

Buco

I already made my ideas known, I'll post here too so it's all in the same place...

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel

Intro proposal for Duj, new version which I like a lot better

Those last thrills could include clarinet besides fiddle. Also depending on interest, clarinet could do a counterpoint to fiddle during the very last phrase just before the thrill.

But if I'm reaching too much with all this just tell me to stop being silly 😀 I sure had fun coming up with them.

rudolfochristbillyshakesWillie
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator

If I remember correctly, we used to have a thing here on DjangoBooks Forum where there was a once a month song that people worked on.

bbwood_98Buco
  • edited September 2021 Posts: 4,730

This is what fiddle - clarinet counterpoint might sounds like for the ending of Duj Duj

WillieAndyW

I'll sit down next week and start on rhythm tracks. Have a 3 hour gig tomorrow so that's taking my time.

AndyW

It could be that I get started on Duj Duj first. Bill and I are trying to find time to time to meet and record J'attendrai rhythm.

@Willie what tempo you have in mind for Duj?

By the way, I sent you a PM in case you didn't see it.

@Buco

Thank you for the PM, indeed I did not see it until right now.

Tempo for DUJ should not be faster than around 140; if we play constant tempo, even slower, I think. Do we still plan to start slow or rubato and increase speed? Then the final tempo could be even faster than 140.

If nobody else throws in ideas: maybe all of the gang consider you the official djangobooks colab arranger. 😉

rudolfochristMikeKBuco

That could be (regarding my role as arranger). I always say music is best when it's a combined effort. But I'll take the challenge.

140 is probably at the higher end of me being able to play those passing chords at this point and get through the entire song without a mistake. They're so tricky. I can play at 160 and faster but I'll only get through a few bars before playing a wrong chord. So tricky...

I wasn't really planning on doing it rubato. I'm afraid it will be hard to have everyone sync up that way doing a remote recording. It would be nice though to have a different dynamic somehow. Maybe we play the intro half time and between that and when vocals start switch to uptempo? And then ride on that tempo to the end.

Basic template I'm thinking of is

Intro

Break

Vocal 2 verses

Solos based on the combination of intro form and verse

3rd verse

Outro

WillieBillDaCostaWilliamsAndyW

@Buco Fine template!

120?