DjangoBooks.com

Check out my 16 year old son...

plankityplankity CTNew
edited October 2006 in Archtop Eddy's Corner Posts: 108
playing Dennis' transcription of DR's 1937 recording of Minor Swing at a Picking and Fiddling contest in Connecticut last week (7/8/06).

I'm pompe-ing rhythm for him: the judges told me he tied for third but they gave the ribbon to the other guy.

Norman CT/USA

PS: recorded through a creative nano player (some distortion) and converted after the fact -- watch out at the end, someone was yelling like a banshee

Comments

• pallopennapallopenna Rhode IslandNew
    Very nice! It reminds me of the old (I believe) Jimmy Martin song: I wish I were sixteen again and knew what I know now...

-Paul
    Reject the null hypothesis.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    bravo bravo!!! now if you have another kid have him or her play grappelli's solo, then have your wife play bass... and you're set!
  • plankityplankity CTNew
    Hey: you read my mind! The Plankenstein dynasty will be renown throughout Connecticut; we'll all use only our first names: Tinky-winky, More-weirdo, Posh and Jingo!

Actually, my wife *does* plays bass, so that part is taken care of already: need to get Emma chinning that fiddle!

Thanks for the comments!

Norman CT/USA
  • denbobdenbob Olympia WashingtonNew
    Good Job Dad. My son plays as well, and it is all good, especially since I wan not the best base ball dad.