DjangoBooks.com

new video of django?

scotscot Virtuoso
in History Posts: 653

I recently came across this video of Django, Joseph and Hubert Rostaing playing "Feerie". I've never seen it before and did not even know of it's existence, and it's as incredible as you might expect.

https://youtu.be/jVswryzD0bs

billyshakesBucowimBillDaCostaWilliams

Comments

• scotscot Virtuoso

I forgot to mention, watch him soloing on the bass strings...

mac63000
  • edited September 2022 Posts: 4,732

That's a fun edit. But here's yet another player (Gaga Weiss, who did the video edit) which I can't say I was aware of. Didn't spend a lot of time on his channel, which I will, but probably another one of amazingly phenomenal under the radar musicians. Thanks!

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • DeuxDoigts_TonnerreDeuxDoigts_Tonnerre Lawrenceville GA USANew Stringphonic #503 Basic, Altamira M30D, Eastman AR810CE, Giannini Craviola

I love the tone he is getting out of his guitar in that video!!!

Has anybody figured out the chord changes to that "Feerie" song? Sounds like a fun tune.

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica

Heheh. This is what I hear for the changes

C   %   %   %
    C   %   F   %
    D7  %   %   %
    Db7 %   G7  %

Ab7 G7  Ab7 G7
    Ab7 G7  F7  Eb7
    Ab7 G7  Ab7 G7
    Ab7 G7  D7  G7

LDDLH have an awesome version of the tune, if you haven't heard it already -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28QZSO6hksc

BucodjangologyBones

I was post LDDLH version as well. It so incredible, as is the rest of that album.

• djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator

Been addicted to Django for 25 years. First time I have heard that. Pretty awesome. Definitely wasn't on that Grappelli DVD, which I somehow misplaced.

• NotoNoto
    edited September 2022 Posts: 39

This is fake, right? The video is spliced to make it seem like it matches the music.

There are some scenes from the J'attendrai video and his guitar sounds like it should have a pickup through an amplifier.

mac63000
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica

Well, yeah. That’s the joke. :)

the best splice I’ve seen was Dave Brubeck on golden brown: https://youtu.be/2Qs1J612nZs

billyshakes

This is fake, right?

Gaga Weiss, person behind this channel, says somewhere in the comments he did it for fun, spliced a few videos together with this tune.

• dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator

That’s the video that my friend Sebastien Gaga Weiss made for fun lol . He’s the cousin of Yorgui Loeffler

BonesbillyshakesDeuxDoigts_Tonnerre